Durability is the property to resist erosion, material degradation and subsequent loss of function due to environmental and/or other service conditions.
Pipe material design comparison often employ the use of life cycle economic analyses. The life cycle cost of an alternative system or part of a system anticipates all the costs that are likely to occur over the service life.
Effects on pipeline service life
- Water leakages
- Water hammer
- Low temperatures
- Seismic activity (waves of movement through the earth)
- PVC-O pipes do not suffer corrosion.
- Pipe unions ensure water tightness.
- Flexibility of PVC-O pipes enables its recovery without permanent deformation from overpressure picks.
- PVC-O pipes are not affected by low temperatures.